Our Vision and Kaupapa
At Waipawa School we help learners to prepare themselves for anything. No one can do this alone so it is up to all of us to come together, support and grow each other into better learners and better people.
We aspire our tamariki to:
- Crave learning that is hands-on, authentic and relevant to their lives, now and in the future.
- Learn about the full curriculum, themselves, their Hauora and others.
- Have a positive impact on themselves, others and our local and global community/environment.
Waipawa learners are empowered to explore their strengths and push their limits knowing they have the support of others to do so. We strive to inspire our tamariki to learn and act positively and courageously in all aspects of their lives while being proud of who they are and where they are from.
From 2022-2024 Waipawa Primary School has 3 main goals or aspirations; Belonging, Curriculum, and Innovation.
Belonging – WPS will foster an environment and climate in which children can flourish.
Curriculum – WPS will implement a curriculum that enables all tamariki to grow and improve so they are ready for their next stage of learning.
Innovation – WPS will utilise its strengths in the school environment to bring the curriculum alive in a way that provides purpose and improves engagement across all areas of learning.
The Waipawa Primary School logo is based around:
- The family/whanau and community are shaped into the symbol of an Oak tree (Oak trees are a feature of Waipawa School particularly the mighty oak situated at the entrance of the school)
- The Waipawa river flows in front (which symbolises our connection with the community, environment and early Maori).
- The predominant colours of navy blue and sky blue are our school colours and the koru symbolises our biculturalism as a school.